I love the challenge of dissecting and communicating complex topics in an understandable way, and the electric charge that occurs when audience and speaker connect. The son of an attorney and a writer/editor, with family in education, communications, and public policy, I appreciate environments where rhetoric is valued. For most of my career Ive been organizing, facilitating, and speaking at conferences, seminars, and panels. Topics have included a variety of subjects specific to marketing professional services, as well as other topics relevant to the A/E/C world.
As part of this work, Bill Strong, FSMPS, and I have developed and regularly teach two specific one-day programs: "Continuous Client Care" and "Leaders are Made, Not Born." Please click on the links below to learn more.
- American Consulting Engineers Council (ACEC) Washington
- Regional Convention 1999, Panel "Case Studies in Marketing Philosophies"
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- National Convention 2006, "Leaders are Made, Not Born"
- National Convention 2000, "Client Care for Principals"
- Washington Council Annual Meeting 1999, "Alternative Delivery Methods"
- Washington Council Annual Meeting 2004, Marketing Panel
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC)
- National Convention 2000, "Design/Build; the Contractors Perspective"
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
- Regional Conference 1993, "Value Engineering in Construction Management"
- Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
- Regional Conference 1998, "Leadership Development"
- Seattle Meeting 2001, "Web Site Development"
- Contractor Business Development Association (CBDA)
- National Convention 2000, "Client Care"
- Council of Educational Facility Planners
- Pacific Northwest Region Annual Conference 1998; Presentation on GC/CM Contracting and Alternative Project Delivery Methods
- Economic Development Council of Seattle (Enterprise Seattle) and Washington Biotechnology & Biomedical Association (WBBA)
- Community/Government/Industry Forum Moderator 2003, "Building a Leading Biotech Region, What Will it Take?"
- Northwest Construction Consumer Council (NWCCC)
- Day-long Educational Series 2004, Biotech Design & Construction; Challenges and Regional Forecast
- Society for Design Administrators (SDA)
- Seattle Seminar 1992, "Everything you Wanted to Know About Marketing, But Were Afraid to Ask"
- Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS)
- National Convention 2005, "Leaders are Made, Not Born"
- National Convention 1999, "Client Care: Tools and Techniques for the 21st Century Marketer"
- National Convention 1997, "Leadership Symposium and Chapter Management Forum"
- Seattle Chapter Seminar 1998, "Marketing Maestro Series"